The Safeguarding Adults Board is made up of local organisations which work together to protect adults at risk of abuse or neglect with the view to keeping them safe. From April 2015 mandatory partners on the Board are the Local Authority, Clinical Commissioning Groups and Police.
Please note we are in the process of updating our website so things may start to look a little different.
The Board’s Directory contains contact details of key adult safeguarding personnel in the local area and is updated regularly.
Board members are senior managers within their organisations who hold strategic roles in relation to safeguarding adults and can speak for their organisation, commit it to action and hold it to account. All board members are committed to working together in order to achieve continuous improvement in practice and positive outcomes for adults. Representatives from the following local agencies make up the Board:
- Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
- Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Community Rehabilitation Service for Thames Valley
- Emergency Duty Service
- National Probation Service
- NHS England (area team)
- Reading Borough Council
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- South Central Ambulance Trust
- Thames Valley Police
- West Berkshire District Council
- Wokingham Borough Council
Need help with acronyms? This glossary might help.